Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get a vHost?
Yes, but do read our vhost policy first.
- I am banned from channel #xxxx can some IRC operator unban me?
No, it is not the task for an operator to interfere with people's channels, read our policy. Contact the channel owner and sort it out with him/her.
- I can't connect to port 6667, what can I do?
Your ISP might be blocking outgoing connections to port 6667, try using our alternate port 8067. However, we recommend you to connect to port 6697 using a secured (SSL) connection.
- How do I register my nickname?
/msg nickserv register password e-mail
Where password is the password you want and e-mail your e-mail address.
- How do I change my password?
/msg nickserv set password new-password
Where new-password is the new password, this will only work after you have identified for your nickname. If you have lost your password, please contact an operator in #CallCentre.
- How do I change my e-mail address?
/msg nickserv set email e-mail
Where e-mail is your new e-mail address, this will only work after you have identified for your nickname.
- Will my e-mail address be used for spam?
No, it will only be used in case you lose your password, an operator can then command the services to send you your password in an e-mail to the address you specified. If you give a false e-mail address we won't be able to help you if you ever lose your password.
- How do I register a channel?
/msg chanserv register #channel description
Where #channel is the channel you want to register (/join it first and make sure you have op status), description is a description of the channels purpose.
- How do I give someone Voice (+), Halfop (%), Op (@), Secure Op (&) or Owner (~) on join?
/msg chanserv mode add nick
Where mode is either, VOP for Voice, HOP for Halfop, AOP for Op, SOP for Secure Op or QOP for Owner and nick is the nickname of the person you want to give it to.
- How do I assign a bot to my channel?
/msg botserv assign #channel botname
Where #channel is the channel you want to bot to join and botname is the name of the bot.
- Which bots are available?
/msg botserv botlist
Gives a list of available bots for assignment.
- Can I get a custom bot that is not listed in botlist?
- What are the set options "FANTASY" and "SYMBIOSIS"?
FANTASY enables or disables fantasy commands, they are commands such as !op, !voice, !protect etcetera which will command the bot to give Voice, Op etcetera (granted you are on the access list).
SYMBIOSIS enables or disables symbiosis mode, which means that if enabled, the bot will set MODEs, perform KICKs, send the entry message etcetera instead of ChanServ.